In a rare public endorsement, Amy Klobuchar showed her true colors as she praised her more progressive colleague Tina Smith for “doing a great job,” telling CNN’s Alisyn Camerota that she’s focused on helping Smith win her race this November.
Klobuchar’s stamp of approval indicates a turn to more progressive policies. Her support of Smith’s candidacy signals her endorsement of the following:
· The continued obstruction of Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
· The endorsement of Keith Ellison and his extensive ties to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
· The decision to put the interests of illegal immigrants over the safety of Minnesotans.
· Supporting legislation for single-payer health care.
· Continued support of Al Franken as a champion of women.
It seems Klobuchar isn’t hiding her similarities to Elizabeth Warren any longer. I guess voting with Senate Democrats 95.4 percent of the time will do that to you.
“With her endorsement of Tina Smith, Amy Klobuchar showed her true colors by joining the most progressive wing of the Democrat party. A full embrace of the obstructionist policies championed by Elizabeth Warren and Smith signals the need for a new voice in Washington. It’s clear where Amy and Tina have chosen to give their loyalty – and it’s not with the people of Minnesota.” – RNC Spokesperson Preya Samsundar
Elections Amy Klobuchar