Two months ago, Debbie Stabenow decided to stick with her old pals Chuck Schumer and Elizabeth Warren and vote against putting money back in the pockets of hard-working Michiganders. Nancy Pelosi insists that these pay raises are nothing but “crumbs,” despite the fact that when President Obama once championed an extra $40 per paycheck for Americans, she called it “a victory for all Americans.” Hey Nancy, why so crummy?
Since December, at least 300 companies have announced higher wages, bonuses and expanded benefits for their employees thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. That equals about 3 million Americans already feeling the positive impact. With November just around the corner, Stabenow must be regretting her vote against this.
In just the last week or so, good news has continued to roll out:
- Humana plans to boost their minimum wage to $15 an hour
- Chipotle just announced $250 bonuses for hourly crew members, $1,000 bonuses for general managers, and an additional $50 million investment in enhancing its existing restaurant locations.
- BP will increase investment in the United States after the passage of tax reform.
- Anthem announced it will give $1,000 to retirement accounts for more than 58,000 employees.
- Charter set a new minimum wage of $15 an hour.
- Best Buy announced bonuses to employees while contributing $20 million to the Best Buy Foundation to expand its tech centers and Geek Squad academies across the country.
- Exxon Mobil announced $50 billion in US investments over the next 5 years.
- Pfizer plans a $5 billion boost in U.S. manufacturing.
- Lowe’s announced $1,000 bonuses to over 260,000 employees.
- Hostess Brands announced sweet news for employees: bonuses and free Hostess snacks for a year.
That’s right—contrary to Democrat talking points – the American middle class is experiencing the benefits of tax reform from coast to coast, including in Michigan. That’s unwelcome news for Debbie Stabenow who tried to stop every one of these bonuses, pay raises and new investments from happening.
Elections Debbie Stabenow