Here’s the new CNN poll showing Obama’s approval ratings down on key issues from the economy to the deficit, taxes and immigration. Also, see the note from CNN’s polling director about voter’s views of Obama personally versus his policies. Seems Obama may need a few more pivots after last Friday’s jobs report.
- Economy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove
- Federal Budget Deficit: 38% Approve, 58% Disapprove
- Taxes: 46% Approve, 52% Disapprove
- Illegal Immigration: 44% Approve, 50% Disapprove
- Gun Policy: 45% Approve, 52% Disapprove
- Health care policy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove
- Social Security and Medicare: 44% Approve, 52% Disapprove
NOTE: "Throughout his first term, President Obama's ratings were typically boosted by positive views of him as a person rather than his policies, and that dynamic seems to be still in force in his second term," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "The change in Obama's approval rating comes among two key elements of his winning electorate coalition - women and younger Americans - suggesting that those old patterns are still in place."
CNN Poll: Obama at 51% approval but lower on key issues
April 8, 2013
Government Accountability Barack Obama