After a short period of time into his first term, one thing is clear, President Donald J. Trump keeps his word. From preserving the human dignity of each individual to putting America first, this President has not made empty promises. Instead, he has made the preservation of conservative principles the chief obligation of the executive branch.
Right to Life:
- President Trump has taken extensive steps to dismantle Title X of the Public Health and Human Service Act, which would prevent further funding of all programs where abortion is a method of family planning.
- The reinstatment of the Mexico City Policy, allowed for an initial push to defund abortion providers.
- President Trump discontinued funding the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in support of the administration's anti-abortion policy.
- The President has pushed to unite Congress around the preservation of life through the defunding of Planned Parenthood.
- President Trump has formally recognized Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the nation of Israel.
- The relocation of the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, is one more fulfilled promise to stand alongside Israel in the face of anti-Semitism across the globe.
- President Trump nominated Nikki Haley as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, a pro-Israel champion for the United States on the global stage.
- The United States has pulled out of the UN Human Rights Council based on the fact that it is a poor defender of human rights.
- On January 31st, 2017, President Trump nominated constitutional originalist Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. In only his first year, Gorsuch has proven himself to be a champion of the Constitution and of religious freedom.
- President Trump has the most circuit court judges confirmed of any President in their first year, and secured Justice Neil Gorsuch's confirmation to the United States Supreme Court.
- On July 9th, 2018, President Trump nominated Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created by Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement. Judge Kavanaugh is the best of the best, who builds consensus and decides cases based on the law, not personal policy preferences.
- President Trump signed the Executive Order Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty. All executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall, to the greatest extent practicable and to the extent permitted by law, respect and protect the freedom of persons and organizations to engage in religious and political speech.
- Former Pro-Life Governor of Kansas, Sam Brownback, was successfully confirmed as ambassador of International Religious Freedom, which has the mission of promoting religious freedom as a core objective of U.S. foreign policy.
- The Trump administration has created a Conscience and Religious Freedom Division of the Department of Health and Human Services, prioritizing the protection of religious rights of all Americans.
- The President announced an Executive Order On the National Day of Prayer concerning religious freedoms which provides a greater opportunity for community building, faith-based organizations to compete for federal grants, contracts, programs and other funding opportunities.
- 'Historic tax cuts' would be an understatement as the Trump administration spearheaded the successful initiative to return taxpayer dollars to the wallets of working Americans. For a full list of testimonials, check out Americans for Tax Reform (www.atr.org).
- Commercial taxes have been slashed, allowing businesses to expand, creating jobs and giving back to their employees.
- The administration doubled the standard deduction as well as doubled the child tax credit.
- 3 million jobs have been created under President Trump's administration, so far.
- Unemployment has fallen to 3.8% - lowest rate in 18 years.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average has hit all-time highs over 70 separate times.
Combating the Opioid Crisis:
- The President has called a Nationwide Public Health Emergency in response to the opioid crisis.
- President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing the President's Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis.
- Resources have been allocated to states to fight drug addiction and begin rehabilitation for those who have been affected by opioid abuse.
- Under the direction of President Trump, the rebuilding of the United States military has become a priority.
- The President has empowered the U.S. armed forces to dismantle ISIS in the Middle East.
- President Trump has taken major steps in negotiating peace on the Korean Peninsula, including getting the North Korean regime to agree to a total denuclearization of the peninsula.
GOP GOP Faith