Turns out Americans approve of the new panel on Benghazi because they don’t believe Democrats that all of the questions have been answered. This includes a majority of independents and 31 percent of Democrats. Moreover, 58 percent say Obama tried covering up the facts. See some top lines from the Washington Post-ABC poll on Benghazi and some questions we still have:
WaPo-ABC News Benghazi Top Lines:
- 58 percent say the Obama administration has tried to cover up the facts about the attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012
- Half – 51 percent – favor a fresh round of congressional hearings
- Those supporting the new investigation include 72 percent of Republicans (not surprisingly), but they also include 31 percent of Democrats and a majority -- 52 percent -- of political independents
- Why was Hillary Clinton not interviewed by the accountability review board?
- Four mid-level state officials took the fall for Benghazi, but were later reinstated by Secretary Kerry. Is this the State Department’s idea of accountability?
- Why have the Benghazi suspects not been brought to justice?
- Why were the suspects able to be interviewed by journalists?
- Have efforts to capture the Benghazi suspects stalled?
- Why were additional security requests denied or ignored by Washington?
- Why does Hillary Clinton continue to blame the YouTube video?
- Why does Hillary Clinton continue to defend Susan Rice’s Sunday show account of the Benghazi attack?
- Is the White House continuing to withhold documents related to Benghazi?
- Where was Obama during the Benghazi attack?
Republicans have a mandate for their Benghazi probe
June 3, 2014
Government Accountability Benghazi