WASHINGTON - Today RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, Governor Bob McDonnell, Senator John Hoeven and Congressman Marsha Blackburn announced the subcommittee leadership for the 2012 Republican National Convention Committee on Resolutions, commonly known as the Platform Committee.
"I am pleased to announce the 2012 GOP Platform Subcommittee chairs who will be instrumental as the Republican Party outlines its principles and vision for the country in the Platform," said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. "The Obama Administration's policies have failed and the American public is ready for new leadership."
"I look forward to working with these dedicated individuals, in addition to all the Platform delegates, who have demonstrated their commitment to limited government, free enterprise, and constitutional conservative values," said Governor McDonnell, Chairman of the Committee on Resolutions.
The list of subcommittee chairs are as follows:
Economy, Jobs, Debt
- RNC National Committeeman and State Representative Jonathan Barnett (AR)
- Treasurer Lynn Fitch (MS)
- Andy Puzder (CA)
Foreign Policy and Defense
- RNC National Committeewoman Donna Cain (OR)
- Former U.S. Senator Jim Talent (MO)
Restoring Constitutional Government
- RNC National Committeeman James Bopp (IN)
- Jane Timken (OH)
- Lieutenant Governor Jim Cawley (PA)
- State Republican Party Committeewoman Rachel Kemp (MA)
Energy, Agriculture, and the Environment
- Mary Dye (WA)
- Congressman Ed Whitfield (KY)
Healthcare, Education and Crime
- State Superintendent of Schools Tom Luna (ID)
- RNC National Committeewoman Carolyn McLarty (OK)
- State Attorney General Sam Olens (GA)
Elections Election 2012