All of the bids are in and the cities bidding for the 2016 Republican National Convention are Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Las Vegas & Phoenix. Chairman Priebus announced the full list of bidding cities on twitter this morning. The next phase for cities will be the bid presentation day this coming Monday, March 3rd in Washington, DC. Cities will present their bids throughout the day and Chairman Priebus will have a media availability at noon to discuss the process. Background on what’s next below.
@Reince: Congratulations to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Las Vegas & Phoenix for moving on to the next phase.
- March 3rd, bidding cities will travel to Washington DC to present their bids to the full RNC site selection committee.
- Mid March – RNC Site Selection Committee will announce selected cities to travel to for site visits. This may include all bidding cities or a narrowed list.
- Late Spring – RNC Site Selection Committee will make city site visits.
- Late Spring - Finalist(s) cities will be selected following site visits.
- Late Summer/Fall – Convention City will be voted on by full RNC.
Elections Election 2016