WASHINGTON – Today, the Republican National Committee (RNC) is announcing the formal launch of Victory 365, a new permanent grassroots field operation that will run 365 days a year. Victory 365 is a partnership between local, state and national Republicans to mobilize volunteers nationwide to engage with voters in their communities. The program will focus on sustained relationships through a precinct-based grassroots organizing structure to build long-term relationships.
Victory 365 will be supported by the RNC’s field staff and thousands of precinct captains and volunteers. In the last year, the RNC has hired 193 field staff, who have recruited over 14,000 precinct leaders nationwide to lead the Victory 365 effort. Minority engagement staff are also working with field staff to engage with voters in Hispanic, African American and Asian communities.
“Today we are launching a national field program that is unlike anything the RNC has done in past election cycles,” said Chairman Priebus. “In earlier years, Republicans were known for a 72-hour program and a victory operation that lasted for a couple months. Victory 365 means that the RNC will engage with voters year-round, non-stop, 365 days a year.”
“Thanks to a more granular, diverse field operation, as well as modernized data and digital capabilities, state parties and campaigns have improved tools to help Republican candidates and campaigns,” said Co-Chairman Day. “I applaud the dedicated volunteers and staff who are working around the clock to further our party and our cause.”
See more about GOP Victory 365: www.gopvictory365.com
V365: Growing Our Party With A Data-Driven, Permanent, Precinct-Focused, Diverse Field Operation
- From GEAUX Red in Louisiana to Boots on the Ground in North Carolina and Make it Right in West Virginia, Victory 365 is a partnership between local, state and national Republicans that puts the power in the hands of the people, not Washington, DC;
- Every decision we’re making is based on an increased investment in data and tools that are already helping us locate, communicate with, persuade and turn out voters;
o Better Data (OneData): we have invested millions to improve our data and technology including our API to provide top-notch data to Republicans across the country;
o New Tools: we’re funding new canvassing apps with dynamic scripting capabilities in our targeted states as well as rolling out improved query tools (GOP Data Center and Beacon) to all 50 states and the territories;
o Predictive Analytics (RNC Foresight): we’ve tested and are now implementing a new approach to better use data science to predict voter behavior;
o Control Panel: we’re rolling out a tool to get real-time results to help inform decision making for campaigns;
- We have built and will continue rolling out a permanent groundgame that is focused on communicating with voters in the field 365 days a year instead of ramping up six months before an Election as we have in the past;
o We have nearly 200 staff in 22 states across the country who are dedicated to winning the 2014 midterm elections while we continue to invest millions in states across all 50 states;
o 91 percent of current RNC staff in the field and not in DC;
o We will also continue ramping up as our map continues expanding and more races come on line as they did in states like Colorado and New Hampshire;
- The RNC has moved to a precinct-based grassroots organizing structure to build long-term relationships starting with people in communities;
o Precinct level engagement combined with improved voter contact will lead to better persuasion and activation of voters;
o With the help of our state parties and campaigns we have recruited over 14,000 precinct captains in target precincts across 22 states;
- We’re taking steps to engage specifically with African Americans, Hispanics, Asian Pacific Islander Americans, youth, women, people of faith, and conservative allies in order to grow the party;
o 14 in 14: a program to target suburban women under 40 in targeted counties and states to engage their communities similar to the precinct-captain program;
o Campus Captains: identifying and engaging with leaders on college campuses in targeted states to engage other like-minded young voters;
o Strategic Initiatives: African American, Hispanic and Asian Pacific Islander engagement staff and programs in targeted states across the country along with a national engagement effort with faith based and conservative allies;
- Sustained, diverse precinct level engagement combined with improved voter contact and response tracking will lead to better persuasion and activation of voters to help Republicans win in November and grow our party as we look to the presidential election.