Hi all, wanted to pass along some thoughts we had after reading this morning’s Politico story about Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s “fundraising prowess.” Setting aside the fact that the DNC was outraised by the RNC consistently last cycle and that the $1.2 million DWS raised for House colleagues is pretty small compared to her $18.3 million in DNC debt, we’ve had this question for awhile now: if Obama and Pelosi are propping up OFA by doing events and videos and DWS is busy raising money for her House colleagues – who is helping the DNC?
- Last week Obama attended an OFA event in DC – not the DNC
- Yesterday Pelosi did a video for OFA – not the DNC
- The DNC is $18.3 million in debt and having trouble fundraising every month (the RNC has outraised them every month this year)
- Crickets from the DNC on any grassroots efforts or…anything…
- A question Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are probably asking themselves: is the DNC going to exist in 2016?
DNC chair looks to leverage money into power
Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman